Monday, July 11, 2016

The 2 year report

Wow.. I really cannot believe that the time has come... Its my last Pday here in the field and there is just so much that I want to say, But as you may know.. I am a man of very few words.. but I will do my best to communicate everything that I want to say.

Ive been doing a lot of self evaluation recently and its been incredible to see how my mission really has effected my life. I remember my very first days here in Paraguay. I didnt understand the language at all, and honestly was very lost. I didnt really know what I was doing, all I knew is that I was trying to serve the Lord. But now. everything has changed. I really have grown in so many ways its been incredible. I never thought that the Lord could make me change in so many unexpected ways.

I guess one of the biggest ways that I have changed is in my testimony. My testimony has grown so much while I have been here in the mission. I really have felt huge growth and Love twords our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. Mom and Dad, You did and Incredible job of helping me learn and grow in the teachings of the Gospel. I knew that It was all true before I came here, But I guess the seperation really made me grow and seeing the affects of the Atonement in my life and in the life of others. Before the mission, I knew that Christ was our Savior and I knew that his Atonement was perfect. But now I am begining to understand the Atonemnet. Im starting to understand the magnitude of Love and Patience that he showed us in the act that really changed the world. Im begining to understand that If the Atonement wasnt perfect, The whole plan of God would have fallen and we would be Lost. I can honestly say that The Atonement is my compass and has really become my guide in life. I owe everything that I have to My Savior. Everyhting that I have.

I also have had a huge increase in my testimony of the Book of Mormon. Being here in South America with Descendents of the Book of Mormon has been incredible. I have seen many miracles from reading the Book of Mormon and Applying what I have learned. I do not now any other Book or Talk that can Explain the importance of the Atonement. The Book of Mormon really is a huge blessing that we have. I know that the Book is true and that our savior loves us. 

I know that the mission is hard. It has been the Hardest 2 years of my life. But I would never trade this expirence for a million Dollars. I love my savior. He is my Friend and my Brother and I am forever in his Debt. I know that the Church Of Jesus Christ is true. I know it and I love it

Ill see you all in a few days.. Love you to Paraguay and Back

Elder Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment