Monday, November 9, 2015

Changes and a softened heart

I don't remember if I told you, but this past week was changes. I am staying in Emboscada but I have a new companion. His name is Elder Bustillos from Ecuador. He came with me to Paraguay so we have know each other for a long time. He is a good friend of mine. We get a long super well. I love hearing about Ecuador. It sounds like a very interesting place. I would love to visit there. I dont know if you knew, but they use the American Dollar there! so there is no money changing. We will have to see if the opportunity presents itself to travel there.

But this week really has been a good week. Familia Fleitas has a date for their wedçding the 27th of November and their Baptisim the 28th. They are super excited and super prepared. They love the Gospel and have felt the effects of the atonement in their lives. They are super prepared to take this step.

Nicanor and Reina are progressing well. We only go to Nueva Colombia once a week. But they too look like they will be baptized here pretty soon. They are praying to know when they should be baptized so we will we this next week what they say.

But this week we have been focusing a lot on contacting and we have gotten a range of rejections and invitations. It's always nice when someone accepts you into their home. We found a family called Familia Martinez. I'm not sure they will progress. They are "Catholic" but don't do much. But you never know we will see.

It always hurts when someone rejects you. This week we were talking with a lady in the park. She grilled us hard for like 15 minutes just saying that we were wasting our time and how there isn't a true church and if there was a true church young men wouldn't preach it. We tried all our tactics (I.E. asking questions, talking about the bible etc.)  but she wouldn't have any of it. She was just hard core. So after getting grilled for 15 minutes there was nothing we could do so we just testified. It was extremely powerful. I'm sure the  spirit was with us. After she apologized to us but she didn't want us to visit with her. I'm not sure if we won the battle but at least we changed her mind about us. After testifying she said she gained a lot of respect for us. So I think we did good.

Looking forward to working with my new companion and best friend!!  Also, Pictures to come next week :)

Elder Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment