Monday, November 30, 2015

Man. This week has been such a great week. Quite a bit stressful getting things already for the Baptisim/wedding. Lots of pictures to come. Haha. So that was really the main part of the week. Just going over final preparations and getting already for the big day Friday!! So basically everything that I will write about happened Friday so this will be a time by time Friday!!


6:00 am- We woke up and did exercises, early today because we had a ton to do. 

6:30 Am- get to the church to clean the baptismal font. It was a bit nasty because the last time it was used was last so there was a few bugs and stuff in the font so it had to be cleaned.Usually the branch would clean it but no one could do it so we had to sacrifice a bit of time to fill it. But I'm not complaining! The font took 3 hours to fill so we were there till like 9:30 doing a little study while waiting. 

9:30-shower before the zone leaders before we go to the Baptismal interview.

11:00- Baptismal interview. we couldn't do it any earlier in the week because Hmno Ceferino was working until Thursday night. So we had to go in the morning and it took sooo long for the interview. Like 2 hours. I don't know why it took so long but in the end they passed

1:00- a light lunch prepared by Hma Fleitas. 

2:00- Making a cake and weekly planning. Elder Bustillos made a banana cake. so while the cake was baking we were doing our weekly planning. Busy multitasking day. you gotta do what you gotta do

5:00-Back to the church to help clean. Just to get things spic and span for the night

7:00- Wedding. In Paraguay the bride and the groom have to have two witnesses each (4 in total). But the witnesses for Hmo Fleitas didnt bring their IDs so they couldnt be witnesses, so luckily passport photocopies work and Elder Bustillos and I both happened to have our copies so we were able to be witnesses! Haha it was quite unexpected but it was cool. 

8:00- baptism.there was so much support from the branch- The room was full with members, less actives and nonmember friends. The Hermana Maria Fleitas asked me to baptize her and my companion baptized Hermano Ceferino!

It is such an honor to help someone take this important step in their lives. All through the night I had one scripture going through my head. all night its Docterine and Covenants 18: 15-16

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

I testify that it is true. there is no other feeling greater than helping people come unto christ. I have felt the greatest gift in the world. The sweetest fruit that there is. I am satisfied with the work that I have done in these past 17 months and I cant waith to continue to feel this great joy through out my life. I love the work. I love my savior Jesus Christ. I am ready for this Christmas season to honor him. 

#ASAVIORISBORN #HANACIDOUNSALVADOR

Love,

Elder Jared

Wedding

Hermana Fleitas
Fleitas Family




No comments:

Post a Comment