Monday, May 25, 2015

Crazy Changes!

So as expected, Elder Galdámez got changed. He is in my old zone (Which is still Luque, futher evidence that it is a warpwhole). But as for me, I get the special priveledge to not only have one companions, but two. Or in more simple words I am now in a trio. Yup, three missionaries now. But my new companions are Elder Dawson and Elder Silvera. Elder Dawson is from Dallas, Texas and has been here in Paraguay 1 change more than me. Elder Silvera is from Lima, Peru and has about 3 months on the mission. Both are excellent Elders and we get along great. Elder Dawson is District leader and I'm technically senior companion.  It has been a struggle getting used to teaching. We all have a different teaching style and it's tricky to know who is going to talk and when. haha. We start each lesson with a little rotation but then the spirit will tell one of us to say something and it throws off the rotation. It's a bit tricky but we are getting better at it.

As for my area, I'm kinda in my area. Elder Dawson was also in Aregua but an odd number of missionaries came in this change, so basically President McMullin combined our areas and put us as a three some. This arrangement should last two long, one change maximum, but it could be any moment that we split. we just dont know. It's an adventure that's for sure.

But this week has been a fun week!! We've gotten absolutely soaked the past 4 days because of rain. I don't think there are enough rain jackets and umbrellas to keep you dry here! But we've had a fun week in the rain. Getting to know each other and stuff.

I had to give an improptu talk this Sunday. I had about 30 seconds to prepare it. I got the notice right as the Sacrament ended. I was the first to speak so it was interesting. It pains me to speak when I have time to prepare. But I spoke on how we have the name of Christ given to us when we are baptized, using scriptures from Mosiah 5. To me it was kind mixed up and I didn't think I got the point across but the members loved it. so I guess it was a success.

But in my studies I was studying Docterine and Covenents 93. It really blew my mind, but I'll let you guys study that if you want. But something that really struck me was the very last verse. it says
 And, verily I say unto you, that it is my will that you should hasten to translate my scriptures, and to obtain a knowledge of history, and of countries, and of kingdoms,of laws of God and man, and all this for the salvation of Zion. Amen.

What I learned from  this is basically the Lord is telling Joseph Smith to hurry up and finish translating the scriptures! Because we need this knowledge of History and of the ancient lands, But more importantly is to know the laws of God, and of man. Without the scriptures we wouldn't have this knowledge. and therefore we wouldn't have salvation. But I really encourage you all to study this section. It is fantastic!

Love you all!

Elder Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment