Monday, May 4, 2015

Oh the Rain

My dearest family and friends,

We have had another beautiful week this week. Well that is up until Sunday morning, when it rained buckets... Yeah seriously. I don't know if I'vve told you this but if its raining, or the ground is wet, it's super hard to get less actives to church. Because nobody wants to leave if there are rain clouds in the sky, Because seriously the streets flood here in minutes, So that was pretty hard, not getting many people to church, especially because it was our ward conference. So it was kinda hard having low attendance for such a special conference. We were focusing a whole lot on our less actives and trying to get them to church. Kinda feels like a whole week of work was lost... But I know it wasn't, it was just a week of planting seeds.

Like I said, it was ward conference and they asked the missionaries to do a choir (because there are 10 of us and si o si we would be there). But they just asked us to do one number. and I think we did pretty good, we sang 'I Need Thee Ev´ry Hour (or in Spanish SeƱor te Nessecito) we sang the first verse in Spanish and they we decided to shock the congregation and sing the second verse in Guarani (yes the hymns do exist in Guarani). It was a super powerful moment for me because the Lord has promised that every person will have the opportunity to hear the gospel in their own language and there are a lot of people here who speak more Guarani than Spanish.. So it was a great way to fulfill that promise. It made some of the people cry. So it was a pretty special moment for me. I really enjoyed it even though I can't sing very good. haha

Other than that, Wednesday was Elder Gladamez´s birthday, and Fransisco's family invited us for dinner. They made something called milanesa napolitana, basically its chicken fried steak with some type of special sauce. It was super yummy!! As for dessert, It was an adventure. Fansisco's aunt had me teacher how to make banana cream pie ( I made if for the baptiim and it was a success). We planned to throw some in his face after singing Haha! It was hilarious! But somehow we all ended up with banana cream pie faces.. haha! It was awesome!!

love you all

Elder Jared



No comments:

Post a Comment