Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Conference Weekend!!

Oh how great this weekend was! The best part was that they had a small tv in a different room with the conference in English for all the gringos! So I went on a ´division´with Elder Wheeler who is from Vernal! That made me soo happy! It was such a special conference for me. I learned soo much this weekend and It was a little bit odd being with many missionaries form the south mission, but it was fun to get to know them!

I hope you all had questions in mind as you listened in General Conference. I specifically had the question of "What do i need to do for my investigators?" There was something in every talk that I identified. But the favorite among the missionaries was Elder Bednar's. Absolutely perfect for Investigators. Speaking of investigators, the ones who promised to come didn't come. We even called them right before the last session and they said they were coming. So that was really disapointing because the last session was perfect for investigators! Talking about profetas and such (I forgot how to spell it in English. HAHA!) also the sacrament and ending with Elder Bednar's PERFECT TALK! But too bad for them, we will keep trying to get them to keep their commitments.

So funny story about recieving answers to questions, on Wednesday we were talking with a member about a movie called ¨Gifted Hands¨ and nobody could remeber the Doctor's name! As it turns out, Ted R, Callister talked about him! His name Is Ben Carson. So if God would answer something as trivial as that (which I hadn't even prayed to know), Why wouldn't he answer something that you had prayed for? Of course he would!! Man I love Conference.

Not much else went on this week. Elder Torres was sick and we didn't proselyte on Tuesday. but he is working though it and is such an inspiration to me. Always working and thinking of the investigators. so neat.

I just want to add my testimony to those that we have heard from our general authorities. I know that this church is true. I have seen the Gospel of Jesus Christ change lives. Including mine. I know that Joseph Smith saw God and his son. and through the priestood, restored the authority to baptize. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the profeta on the earth today. He cannot and will not leave us astray. I love this Church and I love my older brother Jesus Christ.

I love you all and pray for you constantly.
Elder Jared
This is the Collectivo. Super scary and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment