Monday, June 22, 2015

The sweetest fruit ever!

Man this has been a great week. It really has been. Although we didn't see much progression on the people that we were focusing on, we had lots of less actives go to church even though we hadn't been focusing on them. I guess it's God telling us that we have to change who we focus on! Haha!

SO this week we had the special opportunity to listen to the President of the Area, Elder Walter Gonzalez of the 70. It was an absolutely fantastic mission meeting. He talked about the Book of Mormon and how it is a book of levels and standards. Or meaning that we can go to different depths according to our studies and apply scriptures differently to our lives. It reminded me of some advice that my mom has sent me (more then once but it is fantastic advice!!) I think she got it from a member of our stake presidency. But anyway, There are basically 3 levels we can go to. The first is compared to swimming with our head out of the water. We enjoy the water but can't really enjoy what is under the water. The second would be be similar to snorkeling. Our head is under the water and we enjoy what is under the water. The third is like SCUBA diving. Really going deep and living underneath the waves. Ok now its time for the explanation. First we can read the Book of Mormon and enjoy what is really on the surface. We can have a great time reading, but we miss a huge part of the fun! Second we start going deeper. Thinking harder about the scrptures that we read. and starting to see the beauty of the scriptures. Third is the most difficult to do. It takes lots of practices, traning and paciencia. We are applying what we learn. Or basically we are living in the beauty of what we learn, really understanding the scriptures and living in them!

So I've started practicing really really going deep and learning. And I have been greatly blessed from that. There is one underlying theme that I have seen from these scrpirtures. That would be the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I knew that the atonement was a common theme in the Book of Mormon, I just didn't realize how much it talked about it. I have discovered that EVERY single verse can either apply to the atonement, or support a verse or story that can be applied to the atonement. It honestly has changed my life. I know that Jesus is the Christ. He suffered for us, He died for us. He lives for us. I know that the Book Of Mormon is the word of God. It has helped me understand life so much more and helped me get though the hard time on my mission. I feel like the Book of Mormon is the sweetest fruit that I have tasted. I love it!

We had another awesome lesson with Daniel and Lili. They are just so great. They were both sick this week so they didn't go to church. But I really feel like they have the desire to change. They have started reading the Book of Mormon and have felt a change in their life. They feel more peace and tranquility in their lives. They are feeling the spirit in their lives! more sweet fruit!!

Finally, we had maybe my favorite service ever... We picked strawberrys. Fransiscos uncle owns a strawberry farm so Saturday we helped him in his field.... We picked around 54 pounds of strawberries. I love strawberries so much. And to pick your own strawberries is the best. Super sweet and delicious!!

I love you all and hope that you will all really start going deep in your studies!

Love you more than the strawberries here!!

Elder Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment